HDMI stands for High Definition Media Interface
- If you notice your computer or laptops, there are some holes in variant sizes. In technical terms are called male and female connectors. Male connectors are the wire points that can easily receptable to the female connectors (holes). And these are connected with wires like router wire, display cable, and keyboard cable. These cables are known as interfaces. The interface is the interaction point trough which data is transferred to other devices. So, HDMI stands for High Definition Media Interface. It provides high-quality digital signals in the form of audio and video. These cables provide all kinds of video and audio formats
How does it Work
While using HDMI the data is transferred from playback device to the display device. The main function of HDMI is to transfer data from one device to another device. Its main purpose is to reduce the number of cables that are required for data transmission between devices.
HDMI has following features.
- 1 ) – Fast data transmission
- 2 ) – It has ultra HD of 4K x 2K (2160 p)
- 3 ) – Covers up to 32 Audio channels
- 4 ) – It has 10.2 GHz bandwidth
Types of HDMI
There are five types of HDMI connectors; A, B, C, D, and E. These are also called mini-connectors and micro-connectors.
It is a standard and basic connector. It is flat and rectangular in shape. The A-type connector is user friendly. It is ideal because it is robust. It can be found in television, DVD players, satellite boxes, and many more.
It was built for the purpose of dual-link DVD-I video. It is not mostly used as it is larger than the single link standard size. With the introduction of HDMI 1.3 the speed of single link exceeded than the old dual link.
C-Type connector (mini connector)
It is smaller than A, and B type connectors. Its functionalities are similar to A-type connector. Mini-connectors are very common in use as their size. These connectors are used in DSLR cameras, camcorders, tablets and alike.
D-type connector (micro-connector)
This HDMI connector is smaller than C-type connector. It is similar to micro USB. It is 6.4 mm x 2.8 mm and appoints 19 pins of other connectors. It was introduced with HDMI version 1.4. It is used in microchips.
It was introduced in HDMI 1.4 version. It is used in automotive applications. It prevents dirt and moisture from entering by locking tab.
Pros and Cons
1 ) – HDMI provides high definition display with strong bandwidth of video and audio through a single cable. Users are able to connect TV and DVD players with a single cable.
2 ) – Although HDMI cables are more expensive compared to analog cables. Because of their efficiency and robustness.
- Internet Education in Arab World October 31, 2020
- The Most Important Platforms for Management and Business Courses October 19, 2020
- Top 10 Accredited Online Education in Saudi Arabia October 10, 2020
- Top 10 Innovative Technologies in 2020 August 30, 2020
- CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19) August 27, 2020
- Social Dynamics and Communication Skills August 16, 2020
- Artificial Intelligence and Its Impact August 13, 2020
- How to Improve our Education System August 9, 2020
- Learning Sources – E Learning August 6, 2020
- Road Estimation – Khokhar E Learning August 5, 2020